First Congregational Church Of Wyandotte
98 Superior Blvd. at First St. Wyandotte, Michigan 48192
News & Notes
Check Out Our New On-line Giving Feature
Since a few of you have inquired about electronic giving and donations, we have been looking into starting up such a program. It will give you the flexibility to be able to give...even if you happen to not attend church that day. One of the biggest conveniences of this program is that you do not have to write a check or give cash. You will have the option to give through text, mobile, or online giving. Giving can be done by credit, debit, and ACH (echeck).
We currently have the Text Giving set up. It is as simple as texting: FCCW to 73256 and then following the prompts. Your donation will automatically be entered into your giving file on the church's giving program and the donation will be directly deposited into the church's bank account.
We are working on setting up the Online Giving and the Mobile Giving features. With Online Giving you will be able to access your giving statement online, anytime. You will also be able to schedule tithes and offerings, access prior giving history, and print contribution statements. You can even set up recurring payments. If you would like to participate in Online Giving, please make sure the office has your current email address. We will contact you when the Online Giving feature is ready to launch.
With the Mobile Giving feature, you can give, manage donations, set up recurring payments, designate specific funds, and more...wherever you are! We will also be adding a link from our website so that anyone will be able to donate at any time. The website will also contain a QR code.
If you have any questions about this exciting new program, please email our Treasurer Sue Forsman at or contact the church office.
- We are beginning to collect items for the summer Blessings in a Backpack program, and we need your help! By the beginning of June, our church is attempting to collect 1800 packs of individually wrapped cheese and crackers or peanut butter crackers (made by brands like Austin and Keebler, but any brand and any size pack is accepted). These crackers will go in bags to help feed children from our community this summer while school is out. We will have a box in the back of the sanctuary where you may leave crackers, or if you would like to make a donation towards the crackers, plese see Colleen Niefert, Sarah Pettigrew, or Pastor Carrie.
- Our church is partnering with the Wyandotte Ministerial Association to ensure that Wyandotte children don't go hungry during the summer months! We are preparing sandwiches, packing lunches and distributing them at local playgrounds, and bagging up food items for weekend meals. Please sign up in fellowship hall if you have a few hours to give this summer. Or, see Colleen Niefert, Sarah Pettigrew, or Rev. Carrie for details.
- In order to keep up with the growing demand for Bible study groups, we are working to form an additional Bible study that will use materials featuring the UCC's "Still Speaking" authors. The "Listen Up" Bible Study examines books of the Bible and should provide a thought provoking opportunity to learn and have fellowship with others from our church. if you are interested in being part of a new group, plese sign up on the bulletin board in Fellowship Hall. Meeting days and times will be determined based on the availability of participants.
- We now have a paper retriever in our parking lot. We are collecting paper only, NO CARDBOARD! Please ask everyone you know to get into the habit of dropping-off newspapers, magazines, and other paper. Over time we can raise funds for our church by collecting these items. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!
- You can now hear audio recordings of Rev. Orlando's past sermons by clicking here.
Worship & Sunday School
98 Superior Blvd. at First St.
Wyandotte, MI 48192
Sundays at 10:30 am.
You can see the latest edition of the Koinonia - our monthly newsletter - which includes Rev. Orlando's inspiring monthly message - by clicking here.