First Congregational Church Of Wyandotte
98 Superior Blvd. at First St. Wyandotte, Michigan 48192
News & Notes
Check Out Our New On-line Giving Feature
Since a few of you have inquired about electronic giving and donations, we have been looking into starting up such a program. It will give you the flexibility to be able to give...even if you happen to not attend church that day. One of the biggest conveniences of this program is that you do not have to write a check or give cash. You will have the option to give through text, mobile, or online giving. Giving can be done by credit, debit, and ACH (echeck).
We currently have the Text Giving set up. It is as simple as texting: FCCW to 73256 and then following the prompts. Your donation will automatically be entered into your giving file on the church's giving program and the donation will be directly deposited into the church's bank account.
We are working on setting up the Online Giving and the Mobile Giving features. With Online Giving you will be able to access your giving statement online, anytime. You will also be able to schedule tithes and offerings, access prior giving history, and print contribution statements. You can even set up recurring payments. If you would like to participate in Online Giving, please make sure the office has your current email address. We will contact you when the Online Giving feature is ready to launch.
With the Mobile Giving feature, you can give, manage donations, set up recurring payments, designate specific funds, and more...wherever you are! We will also be adding a link from our website so that anyone will be able to donate at any time. The website will also contain a QR code.
If you have any questions about this exciting new program, please email our Treasurer Sue Forsman at or contact the church office.
- With the help of MSU extension, we will be offering free health classes with some simple cooking demos. We hope that you will join us! There are two separate six week sessions. The weekday session will run on Wednesdays from 12:45pm - 1:45pm, beginning September 6. The weekend sessions will be on Sundays at 12:30pm, beginning October 8. All classes will take place in Fellowship Hall. These classes are fun and open to the public. Participants get to sample cooking creations and receive a few free "goodies" along the way. Please plan to invite a friend and learn some handy tips to keep you on a healthy track. BONUS: you will receive a raffle entry for a $25 gift card at each session!
- On Saturday, October 14, we will be hosting a Harry Potter/Halloween themed "lock in". The party starts Saturday evening and ends after church on October 15. Spend the night with us enjoying games, crafts, snacks, and lots of fun! Contact Sarah Pettigrew for details. Or, sign up on the bulletin board in Fellowship Hall.
- A children's painting party fundraiser will take place on Sunday, October 22 from 2-4pm. $5 admission includes a treat, beverage, supplies, and a painting class. There will be 25 cent basket raffles to add to the fun. All proceeds benefit Waynewright Community Meals. Please sign up on the bulletin board in Fellowship Hall. Or, see Sarah Pettigrew for more details.
- Mark your calendar for Saturday, November 4 from 6-9pm. Back by popular demand we will be hosting an adult "paint and pour". The cost of this informal painting class will be $20. Please sign up on the bulletin board in Fellowship Hall to attend or donate items needed to make this event a success.
- PHOTO SHOOT FUNDRAISER!! Karen Bozynski will be doing one last photo shoot this year on Sunday, November 5 from 1-8pm in Fellowship Hall. Appointments are all filled but keep an eye out for the next one in 2018. And, you never know, maybe there will be a cancellation.
- Please mark your calendar for Sunday, December 10 at 2pm when we will be Christmas Caroling at Downriver Coop in Wyandotte. All ages are welcome! We will carol for the residents and provide refreshments. Please see Sarah Pettigrew for more information.
- If anyone has any gently used books they would like to donate for a mobile library for the Soup Kitchen it would be appreciated. Please see Sarah Pettigrew for details.
- We now have a paper retriever in our parking lot. We are collecting paper only, NO CARDBOARD! Please ask everyone you know to get into the habit of dropping-off newspapers, magazines, and other paper. Over time we can raise funds for our church by collecting these items. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!
- You can now hear audio recordings of Rev. Orlando's past sermons by clicking here.
Worship & Sunday School
98 Superior Blvd. at First St.
Wyandotte, MI 48192
Sundays at 10:30 am.